4/1/11

Puppy Gate Annihilation

I was off today, but I went in this morning for a few hours to care for Tad. We're trying to limit the number of people he has access to in case there's a Scabies outbreak. I've had it before, and I'm at high risk for getting it from him...but, what do you do? Occupational hazards, they come with the job.

I am so happy with how he's recovering, and I say that a lot...but, I really truly am. He was trotting along on our walk this morning and I had to run to keep up with him. It was awesome.

I walked him down a little trail to get him to the bluebonnets (it's a Texas thing!) and there were some thorns that really scratched up his legs...poor guy. I felt terrible.

Tad - 4/1/11
Tad had a good morning this morning. He annihilated a puppy gate. He had fun jumping over it, running rampant throughout the clinic with us chasing him. Then, he'd follow me back to isolation, and he'd do it again a few minutes later. He had a blast...but, I have to buy a new puppy gate, now.

Puppy Gate Annihilation



All in all, I am very pleased with everything about him. He was incredibly itchy today, so we started him on some Benadryl to help with that. Generally, steroids is what we'd use to help with the itching from the Sarcoptic Mange, but because he also has Demodectic Mange, he can't have steroids. Purrdy Pawz Grooming Salon has donated a tea tree oil spray to see if that would give him some relief. He's also starting to make his own tears, so we're cutting the eye medicine down to twice daily instead of three times. He's gained 3lbs since Monday, and we're oh so happy about that.


Tad 4/1/11


Here's today's happy video! It's sure to make you smile! ...oh, and be sure and look at his ribs! There's a thin layer of fat covering them!

6 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the satisfaction you get every time you see him. It's overwhelming for me, and I don't even get to see him in person! Thank you for being Tad's guardian angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted about Tad on my blog today therealpolishprincess.blogspot.com. I hope as people visit my blog they see it and start to follow Tad as well. Seeing him every day just makes me smile. What a wonderful animal. You really are a truly amazing person!!! Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you are an angel! The world needs much more people like you.
    I'm happy to hear he gained weight and to see that his ribs arent as much appearent (sp?) as they were. It's a good sign if he plays. Each day he seems to have more energy. :D
    Thanks again
    Shurrim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fabulous energy. Go, Tad, go!

    ReplyDelete